Discover Comprehensive Insurance Plans To Cover Your Home

Homeowners Insurance

Homeowners is a package policy designed to protect against economic loss to residences and household property and from legal liabilities for injuries and damage resulting from an incident occurring at a residence or as a result of the insured's activities outside the residence. 

A typical homeowners policy covers the main dwelling, any structures not attached to the main dwelling like pools or tennis courts, personal property whether in or outside the residence, and general liability for third-party claims. 

Most coverages in a homeowners policy can be enhanced or broadened to increase policy limits and perils covered. 

mansion by the sea
beach cottages

Renters Insurance

What Is Renters Insurance?

Renters insurance acts as a homeowners insurance policy for those who rent their residence. Whether you live in a condo, apartment, house, duplex, etc., renters insurance can protect you and your possessions.

Does My Landlord’s Insurance Cover Me?

A landlord’s policy covers only the physical structure of the rental property and other property belonging to the landlord. The landlord is not responsible for covering your property.

The Next Step…

Contact us for a renters insurance quote!

Flood Insurance

Flood insurance provides protection for destruction and financial devastation caused by floods. Although it may not seem like much, even a few inches of water can cause serious damage; resulting in thousands of dollars in repair and restoration costs. Homeowners insurance does not cover floods. Purchasing a flood insurance policy through Mazzeo Agency can protect you.

Although it may not seem as necessary as homeowners insurance, flood insurance is important if you want to keep your home safe and your possessions secure. Flood coverage offers protection against losses that result from heavy and lengthy rain falls, storm surges, blocked storm drainage systems, snow melts, etc.

Different types of policies are available based on your property’s location and flood history:

Standard Flood Insurance Policies

If you live in a community that participates in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), your building and its contents can be covered by a standard flood insurance policy. The NFIP was established by the Federal Government to help communities who “voluntarily participate in the NFIP by adopting and enforcing floodplain management ordinances to reduce future flood damage.” To be considered a flood, the waters must cover at least two acres or affect at least two properties. You must apply for building coverage and contents coverage separately if you choose to invest in a standard flood insurance policy.

Preferred Risk Flood Insurance Policies

If your home or business is in a low or moderate risk zone, your building may qualify for a low-cost preferred risk policy. While you aren’t required to purchase flood insurance in low-to-moderate risk areas, a preferred risk policy will protect your home and its contents if you are affected by a small flood or a larger flood that has extended into your low-risk area. In truth, many flood insurance claims occur in low-to-moderate risk areas.

Don’t wait until it’s too late. Contacting Mazzeo Agency today will get you on the path to flood protection with an affordable and comprehensive insurance policy.